God created man in his image, after his likeness. One of the most important characters God wants to see in us in gentleness. Gentleness comes when we glorify the word of God in our lives. It is the character that is developed through time.
Gentleness is one of the most coveted character and personality by men and women. It is our real beauty in the sight of God.
Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight. 1 Peter 3:4
Defining the word gentle in a single word or sentence is very difficult.
A gentle person is not quarrelsome, not greedy for gain, not self-centered, quiet, calm, modest, prudent, balanced, trusting in God, kind, compassionate, merciful, patient, moderate, contented, temperate, sober-minded, and compassionate person. Gentle person restrains himself not to use his power for evil. He is bridled person.
- A Gentle person is respectful who does not want to abuse and manipulate others. He is kind, intelligent and balanced person.
And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 2 Timothy
- A Gentle person is not greedy for money, decent, contented, considerate, not quarrelsome.
. . . not given to wine, not violent, not greedy for money, but gentle, not quarrelsome, not covetous; 1 Timothy 3: 3
- Gentleness is the acid test to differentiate between the wisdom from above and wisdom from below.
But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy. James 3:17
- Gentleness is the way we communicate with others especially the unbelievers. They understand gentleness.
But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, 1 Peter 3: 15
- One of the leadership qualities exhibited by Apostle Paul
Now I, Paul, myself am pleading with you by the meekness and gentleness of Christ—who in presence am lowly among you, but being absent am bold toward you. 2 Corinthians 10: 1
- One of the most powerful tools of our testimony is to show forth the character of gentleness in our daily lives.
Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Philippians 4:5
To share this article
For more articles https://www.facebook.com/abiy.wakuma/notes
#quiet #gentle #decent #contented #considerate #kind #modest #moderate #calm #compassionate #balanced #Jesus #Lord #Church #character #testimony #sermon #bible #christ #facebook #abiywakumadinsa #abiydinsa #abiywakuma